Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Coop in the Sky Has 10 More Residents

Today dawned a beautiful, sunny, warm day...a fine day for Team Meatie to fulfull their destiny. Without saying too much in sympathy with the squeamish, it really wasn't that bad. It was quick, hopefully painless (for the chickies), and went relatively fast for a newbie...approximately 30 minutes per chicken from start, to plucking, to finish.

Au Revior Meaties...I will not miss moving your poopy pen, feeding your ravenous single-minded selves, or constantly keeping you out of the rain, warm in the cold, and tending to your every need. But I rest easy knowing I did all these things well, and that you had good lives.

And I look forward to supper...

1 comment:

Han said...

"I feel like chicken tonight, chic chic chicken tonight!"