Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cell Phones

So I've recently figured out that you can't hang up on someone when you're on a cell phone. Should you find yourself hanging up on someone while using a cell, expect something like this:

*SLAP!* the phone shut...phone rings...rings...rings...then finally answer and the other party says..."Hey, we got cut off"..."Um...no we didn't, I hung up on you."...."You did? Well, ok....so should I get off the phone?"..."No, now the hanging-up-on-you is pointless"..."Well, I can hang up on you?"..."No, because I hung up on YOU!"..."Well, If you want, you can hang up on me..."

Thankfully, I've got the flip kind...much more satisfying to slap that puppy shut with a vengence than to somehow "angrily" push the button. "Take THAT!"

I guess you could just turn your phone off, but then the other person will just think your phone went dead. See...this cell phone business has totally ruined the act of hanging up on someone.

No comments: