Tuesday, June 12, 2007

People...

People never cease to amaze me. I can tell we're getting deeper into summer (well...the heat. It's not officially summer yet...*sigh*)...my patience is wearing thin. Working at a state park means constantly dealing with the public, and all the joys the public brings. A majority of people are nice, if sometimes ill-informed.

This afternoon I got what was probably a nice lady using bad judgement. Either that or she was on something.

She called and asked, "Do you have the number for the Lake City license place?"

Me: "Excuse me???"
Lady: "You know...the place you get your license."
Me: "Um...er....well, we sell fishing licenses...is that what you mean?"
Lady: "No...you know, where you get your driver's license."
Me: "Ma'am, are you aware that we're a state park?"
Lady: "Yes...I just thought you might have it."
???
Me: "Um...no...I'm not even sure where Lake City is...I'm afraid I can't help you."
Lady: "Oh...ok then..."

I mean...?!? Of course when I need a phone number, I don't look in the phone book or call information. I just pick a random state park and see if they know.

I worry for America.

No comments: