Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Crap-Lists

I had an inquiry regarding the last post as to the rest of my Crap-list. I'm happy to oblige, but I have to say that the list is constant yet ever-changing, sometimes by the day, sometimes by the hour, sometimes by the minute. Let me give my simple definition for "Crap-list": A Crap-list is a running list of things that make me say or sometimes yell, "Crap!"

For example, the dismal season of the Chiefs illustrated by their pathetic last-minute loss on Sunday has already been surpassed by several other things. Early this morning, Sally barfed. I said, "Crap!"...therefore, Dog Puke went to the top of my list, but was then surpassed by Fitted Sheets. Is there a class on how to fold fitted sheets? And to those who can successfully fold a fitted sheet - are you born with that knowledge? Is there an underground network of professional fitted sheet folders? Please, will someone help me out here?

The fitted sheet folding (or should I say, wadding and stuffing into the general sheet-storing area) was then surpassed by Chickens Who Lay Their Eggs In The Middle Of The Coop. There are EIGHT nice comfy nest boxes right at the access door, but now twice this week one hen has seen fit to lay her egg in the middle of the floor, just out of my reach, so I have to get a garden hoe from the garage and roll it to me. It's that or else risk mashing my face into chicken poo while I reach for it.

But then, Chickens Who Lay Their Eggs In The Middle Of The Coop was replaced by Christmas Stress, which has been making it's rounds on the Crap-list. I have a feeling this may stay at or near the top for a while, and yet every year it seems unavoidable that I must experience this phenomenon for a good week before Christmas. "Do I have enough gifts? Wow we're spending too much money...how are we going to get everywhere we need to be?" And more of that mental voice constantly beating at the inside of my skull. So, to keep that Christmas Stress at bay, here's a classic Christmas song to remind us all of one of the important things Christmas is about - family! :)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

If you find a class for fitted sheet folding, let me know. I'd like to enroll too. Currently, I also belong to the wad and stuff club.

Wanna know what went at the top of my Crap list today? I was going to separate an egg to use the white. I cracked the egg, let all the white go down the sink, and proceded to dump the yolk in the bowl. "Duh." And "Crap."

Ash said...

LOL Stephanie!

Han said...

So I DO know how to fold a fitted sheet- but only with another person there to help. I guess its a by-product of working housekeeping... and its been a long time but I'd be happy to educate you on the subject.

(I wad them into the closet too. For some reason when I'm folding there aren't other people around to help...)

Stephanie said...

To Whom It May Concern:

Upon further consideration, I request that you withdraw my application for the Fitted-Sheet Folding Class. I have been previously taught the "Tuck One Corner into Another and Fold" method, and honestly, the results achieved did not much exceed the Wad and Stuff method. I seriously doubt any method you teach will make much difference, either.

And besides, isn't life too short to worry about such things?

Signed,
Resigned to Wadding and Stuffing

Travis said...

I am personally quite the fan of the WAS method. That's what those of us in the business call it.

If I may, I have an addition to the crap list: walking up to Walmart and suddenly realizing that the stupid bellringer from the salvation army is sitting there and ringing his bell incessantly while trying to make you feel like crap for not donating! Maybe I'm just a scrooge?

Stephanie said...

A mutual acquaintance who shall remain unnamed has informed me that I've been misspelling your name. "Crap!" :~O

So sorry!