Friday, December 19, 2008

Fragile Flower



No, I'm definately not referring to myself. I've started taking morning walks lately...sometimes up the road, sometimes out in the pasture. During deer season when I was going out nearly every day, I rembered how much I enjoy nature...just enjoying the sights and sounds. Even though this isn't exactly the prettiest time of year to be out, there is still plenty to enjoy. For instance, I stumbled upon these the other day. Not exactly uncommon, but a sight few people stop to notice, these are "frost flowers" I found on the back side of our property in a little 'holler protected from the sun for just a tad longer than the rest of the area. They're formed in certain types of plants when the ground isn't yet frozen solid, but moisture in the stems freezes and is squeezed out. That's the un-scientific version.




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are so neat! Another beautiful sight to see on a country walk in the early morning is the sun reflecting off dew on spiderwebs.

Han said...

Hmmm, it looks like Marshmellow fluff. That stuff is GOOD...

Lena said...

you totally kill me!! I hope you get knocked up soon!!!