Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy New Year! Yeah I know...that was a week ago. We've now jumped fully into 2010...here's hoping this year is a drastic improvement over the one we just muddled through. I haven't made any New Year's Resolutions because like most people I never stick to them...but I will try to blog more than I have lately.

This year I'm hoping get us, our pets, and possessions quickly moved to Little Rock, our house successfully sold, and put an end to the back troubles I've been fighting. Not such a tall order, I should think, though I'm not sure yet how it's all going to pan out. We seem to do everything the most difficult way possible, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this year.

And to those of you who don't know, we have found a destination for us and our stuff in Little Rock. We decided to take advantage of an opportunity to live on the base. And here it is:


Yup...it's a double wide, which is all that on-base housing offers. Still, we feel strongly that the benefits and security of living on post will outweigh any negatives. The current tenants are supposed to get the moss off the siding. They make some trailers pretty nice these days, but I can't seem to get the Sammy Kershaw song "Queen of my Double-Wide Trailer" out of my head. I hate to say good-bye to the Mountain Home area, but we must follow the job security. And, there are much worse places we could live. Just ask my brother and sister-in-law.
That's pretty much all I've got today...maybe if we get out of the deep freeze I'll be more inspired.
Here's to new adventures at a new Homestead in 2010!

"This is the queen of my double-wide trailer with the polyester curtains and the redwood deck..."

3 comments:

lifeofapostalclerk said...

Hey it's got to better than some of the places you lived while working for P & T. Good luck.

Stephanie said...

I hope your husband doesn't dang your heart and your pretty red neck.

Han said...

So true. Come to Alabama and you will really give new meaning to that song. Yikes.

PS- I had so much fun spending New Years with you. :)