Sunday, May 23, 2010

Take THAT, Move

I've been in Mountain Home for the past few days packing up more stuff.  With no pets, no television, and sparse furnishings, it's not been the most fun times ever.  At least I have sympathy...a local radio DJ was talking about his own move, and how he and his wife are trying to improve the house they're moving into, thus drawing out the move into a long arduous process akin to "Japanese Water Torture."  If my cell phone worked worth a darn here, I'd have called to share pity parties.

But, we have decided we can no longer stand the torture and we must change tactics.  We're going to smack this move in the face with a roundhouse Chuck Norris kick by renting a U-Haul, and hiring some burly movers to move our approximately 5 bajillion ton safe and equally heavy Temperpedic bed - which is something like trying to wrestle with a massive jello jiggler.  We need to get our *$#! down the road and into storage until our new house is done so we can sell this house and absorb the financial kick in the pants with what dignity we can before the selling season passes us by. 

I can't wait for our beach vacation!  Looks like I'm going to have to settle for a shoebox of sand and a wading pool.  *sigh*  Did I just whine again?  Sorry.

Just to prove we are making progress, here's the floor in the bedroom/hobby room.  We were very proud to get the closet done:



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lookin' good! You'll get it done!

I read recently that inability to make decisions is a sign of acute stress. Reading that actually made me feel better, because I've been like that before and felt like I was losing my mind.

P.S. My violin playing still sounds like a screeching cat or someone dying.

Ash said...

Thanks! I'm feeling a measure of sanity returning...Mom and Dad came to the rescue and we're furiously packing boxes, and we'll be out of here by the end of the week, even if we're just putting it in storage for a bit. Our house listed yesterday, with a very optimistic realtor. I'm seeing the light!

I don't think there's any way to get around the screeching/dying sounds...it'll come quicker than you think. Not that I'm the expert by any means. Hope we can jam sometime!

Sarah Shedenhelm said...

although i loved our fantastico, fabuloso, muy bueno, muy bonita (ok, i think that's enough), beach vacation....it kinda made reality sucks worse than it did before we left.