Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Land Down Under

So I've been reflecting a lot on last fall's vacation to Australia, mostly because I'm finally getting around to finishing the scrapbook. No, I'm NOT a scrapbooking nerd...I just dabble.

Anyway, I thought I'd put some pics from that Mostawesometripinthehistoryoftrips up on my 'lil blog here, for those of you who haven't seen the pics or heard me rant endlessly about it. So, take a quick gander at this fair dinkum bit 'a photos. Good onya mates!


First of all, I went to the Land of Oz with my bestgoodfriends, Daryl and Judith Greenwood from Bull Shoals. I guess you'd qualify them as 'older', but believe me - they don't act it. Still, we got pretty cracked up at how many folks referred to them as my "mum and dad."

So we landed in Sydney after a loooooong 14 hour flight and were so excited we hit the ground runnin'. Four short days in Sydney, but we made the most of it, which included a play at the Opera House, a boat ride up through Sydney Harbor, the Sydney Aquarium, a didgeridoo performance (which promted me and Judith to buy our own gen-u-ine didgeridoos), the Blue Mountains, and my first taxi ride...which was absolutely terrifying.

One evening we met up with a friend of mine, Clare, and her main man Shane. I used to work for Clare's uncle at the sign shop, who's an imported Brit.
During my employment for her uncle - which has been a few years now - Clare came to the states for a month to visit, and I showed her the finer points of southwest MO culture. You know...slowpitch softball...cows...trees...squirrels...yeah, that's about it.



I got to hold a joey (baby kangaroo) at the Ferndale animal rehab center in Sydney. As you can see...I want one. I wonder how hard a 'roo is to potty train...?

Stay tuned for the next episode...

No comments: