Thursday, May 15, 2008

Post Vacation Blues

I've had a few days to "recover" from the trip, but now I'm stuck in the dastardly clutches of the Post Vacation Blues. No, I didn't make that up...it actually has an official name. And I thought I was just being a wuss...which I am, but my wussiness actually has a term! And apparently, the better your vacation was, the worse the blues are. On top of that, the cloudiness and rain sure doesn't help on the motivation end of things. Bah.
So now that I'm back, Mr. Hooter is now getting ready for his big trip, though his won't be that fun since it's work-mandated...so far he's not overly excited.

On the bright side, our farm is now several thousand critters bigger. :) Don't panic, mom...it's just bees! We're the proud parents of two new beehives purchased from a very experienced beekeeper in Calico Rock. They're busting at the seams, and if all goes well we'll be really rolling in the honey this summer. Not literally - that would be sticky and a waste of good honey.
In an abrupt change of subject (which I can do because this is MY blog), the Today Show just showed some tops that you just HAVE to HAVE for summer. and one little tanktop number that's "SOOOO affordable at just $144." Yeah!!! Only $144...whip out the pocket change!!! Who ARE these people??? For one thing, it looked like someone got it out of the rag bucket and pasted some sparklies and beads on. Second...half that to pay for a top is too much....for even half that, it better be something really dressy, not just something to flit down the streets of New York in.
Ah well...now they're discussing the important topic of what to tell your kids about your wild past...I think I'm going to barf.
Well, that's all for today...we need groceries...and I can quit listening to this yammering and go get two week's worth for the price of that "SOOO affordable" top...

No comments: