Thursday, January 08, 2009

Call back the search parties, I have returned. I apologize for my long absence, but Hubby and I officially went to Tarnation and back this Holiday season. As much as I LOVE them, this year I'm pretty relieved that the Holidays are now at our backsides.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year's. Ours was awesome, as usual, and full of high adventure in our travels. We both made out like bandits in the gift department, getting much more than we deserved, even with our immaculate behavior over the past year. My sincerest thanks to everyone. I also learned quite a few things over the past few weeks:

First, you can drive a Pruis on a solid sheet of ice, as long as you get enough momentum to make it up hills. If proper momentum isn't reached, car will quickly meet ditch.

Second, no matter how invincible husbands may think they are, they can still give themselves hernias. Surgery is set for next week.

Third, the more times a person travels across Kansas, the wider Kansas becomes.

Fourth, in order to properly reside in Boulder, Colorado, one must drive a Subaru and also appear as though they are ready to embark on a mountain-climbing expedition at a moment's notice (the more Patagonia the better), even while shopping in a fancy downtown boutique. Bonus if you wear dredlocks and a "Barack My World" T-shirt.

Fifth, while many Christmas gifts may be thoughtful and expensive, nothing entertains quite like a book about farts. I believe "Farts, A Spotter's Guide" is destined to become my family's new Bible.

Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad you're back. I missed the regular doses of humor!

Han said...

Darn straight, that book will be a helpful reference for many a family memeber. :O)