Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Blues

I hope everyone's enjoying the long Memorial Day weekend! Please enjoy it for my sake, and for the sake of everyone who has to work harder and longer so other folks can have a fun and safe break. One of the hazards of working in parks - everyone else's vacation time is my work-harder/longer-than-ever weekend. Also there is the joyous task of being at the mercy of some overly grouchy members of the public. I've already explained why you can't pick the wildflowers (especially since the cold snap last month did most of them in), why you can't just park your truck anywhere you want, and why there is a two-tent maximum per campsite. Each of these lovely folks conveyed to me in such sweet terms that they thought those rules were just "stupid." Luckily, all decided to comply with the "stupid" rules, but taking flak is getting old.

I talked Mr. Hooter into taking advantage of his long weekend by visiting his family - no use in him sharing my misery!


Instead of wallowing further into the pit of self-pity, I'll share this photo I snapped the other day of my pot of snapdragons. This particular plant just exploded with these really pretty pink and yellow blooms!

No comments: