Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 4th Blues

Yep, here I go again, whining because once again I'm thwarted from enjoying a once much-anticipated holiday. I'll try not to whine too much. :) I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, as I was dividing my time between two parks being constantly at the beck and call of the lovely public - a public which has gotten increasingly hard to please with the increasing temperatures of summer.

I have 5 whole months left with my current job before I take off and follow Mr. Hooter west. I suppose there are many things I'm going to miss about being a park ranger that don't come to mind immediately, but I can think of a myriad of things I WON'T miss, and I do look forward to the days when I'll be a "normal" person again, enjoying holidays, weekends, and evenings with wild abandon.


I guess one thing I'm really going to miss are the critters. Every spring I end up with at least one baby animal to raise, and this year has been no different. Several coons, one skunk (see pic - this is "Perrywinkle" the skunk...this pic was taken post-spray-Ash-in-the-face-in-her-office), and a one-eyed wood duckling named Dewey. Not that I'll have any want for critters at the new Hooter Household - as of now we have 20 whole acres to fill. :)

No comments: