Saturday, July 21, 2007

Potter Pandalerium

I sit here today bleary-eyed and chugging coffee, suffering the effects of a very late night - all because of a single silly book. :)

I've been a Harry Potter fan since the 3rd book was out, when I finally started reading the series at the request of Mom, who asked that I read the first book and tell her if it was appropriate for her classroom. I was hooked from page #1. However, I've been content to be a patient fan of the series, usually buying my books days or even weeks after the release when the craziness is over.

However, this time I decided to join the fray. It's the last book, it's a huge part of pop culture, and darned if I'm going to wait to read it and let the ending get out!

Mr. Hooter bought me a Books-A-Million voucher months ago, and we decided to go join the ranks of the nutty and redeem it at midnight. It was "pure pandalerium!" as Jeff Foxworthy (or Marden) would say. People dressed in costume (some very clever), people having trivia contests, and mostly just people - young, old, and everywhere in between - just giddy with excitement.



And here it is...the fruit of our labor, all crisp and ready to be cracked open. If it were only not 2 a.m....

No comments: