Friday, March 12, 2010

Every Year...

You'd think that after 34 springs I'd no longer be surprised when that day comes along where it seems the sun decides to abruptly rise up sooner. But it never fails - every year I pop up out of bed exclaiming to myself "Wha?!? How late did I sleep?!?" only to turn to the clock and find I've actually woken up a good thirty minutes earlier than usual. Yesterday was my morning - I sprang out of bed like a jackrabbit (if jackrabbits slept in beds) expecting it to be halfway through the morning. It was 6:15.

When I was in school I usually had one day each spring I'd frantically run downstairs in a panicked wild-haired fizz wondering why Mom, aka The Wake-up Warden, let me sleep so late. Sometimes I could play it off that I was just really eager for breakfast, but most of the time I was busted and laughed at.

Am I the only one?

1 comment:

Sarah Shedenhelm said...

You are not alone! Although I sleep much later the you, I am still always surprised one morning when it looks like high noon at 7:00am.